The pool is generally open between Memorial Day weekend through September. Weather may affect the opening or closing dates, so check back often.
Swimmers swim entirely at their own risk.
Registering: All members must register upon entering the gate.
Bringing Guests: A guest is any non-member in the pool area dressed in swim attire. The guest fee is $8.00, and must be charged to the member’s account. Cash transactions are not permitted poolside. All guests must be accompanied by a member at all times. Please greet your guests at the gate and register them. Guests will not be admitted unless registered by a member. The same guest cannot come more than four times per season. Employed babysitters are exempt from the guest fee. If you are bringing more than 8 people, awesome! Let us know when you are coming.
Please Inform Your Guests:
- Parking: Pool parking is in the gravel lot. Children should be escorted to the pool. Please be respectful of the golfers. Walk quietly and keep your children safely on the path.
- Flotation devices: Oversized toys, tubes and rings are simply not allowed. Swimmers that wear life jackets or water wings must stay where they can touch unless accompanied by an adult.
- Babies and Toddlers: All non potty trained persons must wear The Swim Diaper over a disposable diaper. This is in accordance with the Health Department’s recommendation for a safe, healthy pool. Swim suit diapers are available at the pool for $15, or at Kid’s Northwest. We also keep a few loaners if you get in a jam.
- Guest Fee is $8.00 and must be charged to the member’s account. Cash transactions are no longer permitted poolside.
- The lifeguard is not a babysitter. An adult or an employed babysitter must accompany all children under the age of 8. Exceptions will not be permitted so please do not ask. Babysitters must be at least 16 years old, and are not subject to guest fees.
- Persons in swimwear are allowed only in the pool area.
- It is imperative that swimmers STAY OFF THE GOLF COURSE!
- Food must be consumed in designated area (at the tables near the snack shack).
- With the exception of birthday cakes, food must be purchased at the Snack Shack. You may also arrange to order from the restaurant
- upstairs. Please do not bring outside food into the pool area. This includes coolers and picnic baskets.
- Picnicking on club grounds is not permitted.
- No glass of any kind is allowed in the pool area.
- We continually strive to maintain sanitary locker rooms. Please do not leave children under the age of five unattended in the locker rooms.
Hey Kids! Parents, please read this to your children. If you are a kid, keep reading!
- The lifeguard is your friend! The lifeguard is at the pool to protect you and keep you safe. So the pool has rules. At the pool, there is…
- No running!
- No hanging on the diving boards!
- No jumping backwards or jumping and spinning. (No “twisties”).
- No being mean! Be nice!!
- No spitting, slugging, splashing, sassing or swearing! No smooching!
- No whining! No wrestling! No shoulder rides or chicken fights!
- No squirt guns, Nerf balls, Frisbees, or footballs! Fins and noodles are ok when it’s not too busy.
- If you need to use the bathroom –get out of the pool and get to the bathroom! Don’t wait –even if you are having fun!
- Listen to the lifeguards. They are there to keep you safe.
Adult lap swim
Adult lap swims take place Wednesday and Friday 6:00 am - 7:30 am, Saturday and Sunday 6:00 am - 10:00 am. There is no lifeguard on duty during these times. Lap swimmers must fill out a waiver form prior to participating. Inquire at the pool or the front desk for a waver.
Pool parties held during normal business hours must include no more than 10 swimmers. For 11 or more people, you may schedule a pool party outside of normal business hours. Please see Nick Kheriaty, Aquatics Manager to schedule, call 671-4405 or email email@example.com. For more detail, please visit our Private Pool Parties info page.
Interested in being a lifeguard/swim instructor at the club? Contact Nick Kheriaty, Aquatics Manager at BGCCpool@gmail.com or print out a Job Application and send it to the address listed below, Attention: Nick Kheriaty. Here is what Nick will want to know when you apply:
- Are you certified through the Red Cross?
- Are you available all summer?
- Are you reliable, responsible and dependable?
- Are you a hard worker with a positive attitude?
- Are you a strong swimmer?
- Do you love working with kids?
Open Swim FAQs
- What swim wear is acceptable for a baby? All non potty trained persons must wear The Swimsuit Diaper over a disposable diaper. Swimsuit diapers are available at the pool and Kids Northwest. This is non negotiable, as a matter of maintaining a healthy pool. We do have a few loaners to help you out of a jam.
- Which toys are allowed in the pool? Swim toys are always to be used at the discretion of the lifeguard. Some toys are never allowed. They include: Oversized toys, tubes, rings, and floatation devices, Footballs, Frisbees, Nerf balls, and hard plastic dive sticks. Life jackets and water wings are ok. Bathing suits with built in flotation will be admitted at the lifeguard’s discretion. Kids wearing acceptable flotation must stay in the shallow end unless accompanied by an adult.
- How old must a swimmer be to swim without adult supervision? The lifeguard is not a babysitter. An adult or an employed babysitter must accompany all children under the age of eight. Exceptions will not be permitted so please do not ask. Babysitters must be at least sixteen years old and are not subject to guest fees.
- Who can use the pool? Members with a Social Pool membership, Hybrid Membership, Golfing Members, Trial Golf Members, Casual Golf Members, and Trial Social Members with pool pass.
- When can I bring guests? Members can bring guests during all regular pool hours. The guest fee is $8.00 per guest and must be charged to your member account. Cash is not accepted poolside.
- How many guests can I bring? If you are bringing more than eight people –awesome! Let us known that you are coming! See “Parties” for more information.
- How many times can I bring the same guest? Guests are limited to 4 visits. The guest daily fee is $8.00 per visit.
- Can I send my guest swimming while I am not present? No, you must always accompany all guests. Please greet your guests at the door. Guests must be registered by a member. Your guests will not be admitted without you. (So, please do not wave them over to where you are sitting.)
- What about grandchildren? Grandchildren are allowed to swim for no additional cost. Grandparents must be on Club grounds while the children are swimming. Children under the age of 8 years must be accompanied by their grandparents at all times.
- What about babysitters? Babysitters are able to come to the pool only with prior written approval from a member. Babysitters are exempt from the $8.00 guest fee. A babysitter’s children are not allowed at the Pool.