Session 1 (Evening) Tuesday May 30 - June 9 (Short wait list)
Session 2 (Evening) June 12 - June 23 (Short wait list)
Session 3 (morning) June 26 - July 7
Session 4 (morning) July 10 - July 21
Session 5 (morning) July 24 - August 4
Session 6 (morning) August 7 - August 18
*Diving Class during session 6 11:15 -11:45
Evening lessons run every 30 minutes from 4:45 pm - 8:15 pm
Morning lessons run every 30 minutes from 7:45 am - 11:15 am
Cost: $110 per session. This includes ten 30 minute lessons.
Family discount: $10 off per session after your fourth session. (2 kids, 3 sessions = 6 sessions)
Have a question about swim times or how lessons are set up? Email BGCCpool@gmail.com
During Sessions 3, 4, and 5. June 26th - August 4th (7:30 am - 8:15 am) Open to proficient swimmers ages 9 and up.
Register below through the blue swim lesson registration form.
Lifeguard Certification Course
May 19th - 21st.
Minimum age 15.5 years.
Email email@example.com for more information.
Sign up for text updates in case of lightning. Simply text the message @bgccpool to the number 81010.
Don't accidentally pay before you complete all the pages of the registration form above!
- $110 per session for non-members ($75 for BGCC members)
- Family rates: $110 per session for the first four sessions. $100 for the next four. $90 for the next four. (2 kids each doing 3 sessions = 6 sessions)
- To pay the session 1 discounted rate of $100, payment must be sent by check. (The PayPal button won't adjust for that)
- Send checks payable to BGCC to 3729 Meridian St., Bellingham, WA 98225
- $10 fee to change sessions up until the session is full. If a session is full and families have been turned away, no refunds will be given.
- Cancellations forfeit $30 non-refundable deposit (of the $110) up until the session is full. If a session is full and families have been turned away, no refunds will be given.
- No refunds are granted once a session registration closes due to being filled.
- No refunds are granted once the schedule for the session has been posted. (One week prior to the start of the session).
Swim Lesson Frequently Asked questions
- What days are lessons? One session of swim lessons includes ten half our lessons, (Monday through Friday for two weeks).
- Can I request a specific time for swim lessons? Yes, when you register, there is a spot to indicate time preferences. If you give us 3 or 4 time slots, then we can make sure your child is with kids the same age and ability level. Our primary scheduling priority is to closely match swimmers’ abilities to maximize their learning experience. Siblings are guaranteed to be in the same or adjacent time slots. Any additional flexibility that the schedule affords will be used to satisfy your time preferences to the best of our abilities.
- Will my kids be at the same time? We always try to get siblings at the same time, and guarantee that siblings are at least back-to-back.
- Can I request to be with a friend? Yes! There is a comment section when you register and you can indicate this request. We can't always guarantee it, but we work very hard to meet these requests and can usually make it happen.
- When will I find out my swim time? Swim lesson times will be posted online one week prior to the start of the session.
- What ability level is my child? Watch these short video clips to help you decide:
- Holding thumb and kicking face down, in a streamline position.
- Pull Touches on a kickboard
- Pull touches alone
- Pull touch breathing on a kickboard
- Pull touch breathing alone
- Pull touch breathing the width of the pool
- Pull touch breathing the length of the pool with a kickboard
- Pull touch breathing the length of the pool alone.
- How old must my swimmer be to begin lessons? We start lessons at age three. All children must be potty trained. There is no upper age limit. Many preteens and teens get a strong workout in the advanced classes.
- Does the parent get in the water? No. Parents can relax poolside while our qualified instructors teach.
- What is the class size? Ages 3 and 4 have a four to one swimmer to teacher ratio. Older kids have five or six kids per class, with carefully matched ages and ability levels to maximize the learning environment.
- Is the pool cold? Our pool temperature is 88 degrees (plenty warm for those little ones!)
- How many sessions should we do? Each kid progresses at his or her own rate, but swimmers benefit greatly from multiple sessions.
- Will my child go off the diving board? It has been our policy to take children off of the diving board once they have reached a certain level in their progression. We do this so they can experience what it feels like to fall into deep water, and provide them with the skills necessary to survive in an accident situation (such as falling off of a boat or a dock). However, If your child is afraid of heights, has ear problems, or you think jumping off of the diving board would impede his or her learning ability –please tell us! We think jumping off of the diving board is a valid learning tool, and can be lots of fun, but it is by no means a mandatory component of our swimming program. 3 and 4 year olds will be given the choice. If you would like to ensure that your child does go off of the board, please tell us. All communications regarding the diving board should be done discretely, by taking the instructor aside at the onset of class, or via the Question/Comment sheet.
- Did my child move down a level because he/she is in a location that he/she has been in before? We pay special attention to grouping swimmers together who are similar abilities. Therefore, the location in the pool does not correspond to a given “level” or ability. During any given time slot, the swimmers in the pool may have different abilities than those of another time slot. To most efficiently utilize pool space, classes of varying abilities can be in any given location in the pool. The take home message is this: a change in the location of your child’s swim class does not reflect a change to a “higher” or “lower” class.
- Parking: Parking for swim lessons is available in the gravel parking area parallel to Meridian and. Please be respectful of our member only parking area. Children should be escorted to the pool and must stay on the path. Be respectful of the golfers. Walk quietly and keep your children safe.